Wednesday, 7 December 2011

My babies 2

We have new flowers at home from yesterday. The flowers look similar to violet but after looking up on the net I realised the leaves quite don't match with the violets. Sorry your *mom* hasn't yet identified who you are exactly, but you sure are a beauty! Again I just bathed them in the cold water and fed them with a block sugar ..boy am I spoiling them or what. The florist usally provide us with their "food" (flowers preservatives) when we purchase them but this time I didn't get any; or she forgot, so I managed to make my own.
As I'm writing this blog, I came across a shocking fact about how to make fresh flowers last longer....

"Fill a plastic bucket a third to half way with warm water. Warm water should be used as flowers take up warm water more readily than cold. "

Oh my good golly gosh, is this for real!!!????? All these years I've been arranging them in cold water.
This is a great example of making assumptions and believing they are the best when they actually may not be!

Hope I won't do this towards the kids at school next time. I will try to arrange them in warm water tomorrow.
I will see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. What lovely flowers! And so like you to try to figure out how to make them last longer. You are as sweet as the flowers, Mariko ;D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: My new years resolution is probably going to be...to always have flowers in my apartment! I'll ask you for advice next year ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, thanks Kaori! You're very sweet too you know :) Yeah it definitely does make a difference to your mood to have lovely flowers at home...some flowers are high maintenance but they are gorgeous. I'd love to share anything I know with you (still in the learning process and I'm not an expert yet!) Thanks so much for your comments sweetie.

    ReplyDelete